Friday, May 7, 2010

My Day With Dan Aykroyd

So I ended up making it out to Gabriels Liquors out on 1604 and Blanco yesterday for the Dan Aykroyd meet and greet for his vodka bramd, Crystal Head. It was one of the best celebrity experiances I have had yet. He was quite affable and let people bring things to sign even if they didn't purchase a signed bottle from the store. He pose for several photos with each person in line and was really just a nice guy all around. I had tattooed a ghost trap, from the movie Ghostbusters on my arm the night before and was interested to see his reaction. He loved it. He called all his support crew to the table to check it out and actually asked if he could keep the Tattoos By David flyer I brought with me. He signed my bottle and my arm above the tattoo. I raced home to tattoo over the Sharpie'd autograph and added it to the tattoo. I forgot to tell him it was my birthday, but it was going so well it just slipped my mind. Bottom line: Dan Aykroyd is a stand up guy in my book and I had a very memorable birthday. Thanks to Kitty and my sister for making it possible.

Hooilgan David

No comments:

Post a Comment