Saturday, June 5, 2010

Cooooobraaaa!

So updates, updates, updates! This week I got to do some really fun tattoos, of course, and also got to hear a little shop talk. Some of my work did reach local artist eyes and word is I'm approved to work in at least three shops in town. But why would I want to ever do that again? Let me see....work for someone else, give them half my money, have to charge everyone twice as much to make the same amount of money, still have to buy all my own supplies, and have to deal with more drama than a Mexican soap opera? No thank you. It is tremendously gratifying to know I have offers to work with good local artists, but I think rogue is the place for me for now. They are still talking nonsense at my old shop and it's been almost 6 months since I checked out of there. Well, thanks for listening, kiddos, and here's some tattoos:

First up a healed pic of Wally's skate rose. I love how it healed up super bright and really soft in the rose. Enjoy:
Next a Mahi Mahi on one of the twins. I'd tell you which one, but if you know them, you already know which one it is. This one was super fun since it is a very identifiable fish and if you've ever seen one you will know exactly what this tattoo is of. Enjoy:

Third is a little more serious. These are variations on the traditional Japanese Luck Cats. I made them a little fancier, per request, to celebrate the life of a dear friend of the collectors' who is no longer with us. Long live the Fancy Cats!
And last, but not least is the Electric Cobra. Nothing else needs to be said. It's a motherfucking Electric Cobra!

Thanks to all that have been getting tattooed. I know this time of every one's life isn't the easiest and spending money on luxury things like tattoos is a difficult choice. But before you go out and spend a bill at the bar on Saturday night just remember this: Tattoos are the only thing money can buy that lasts forever and that no one can take from you.

Hooligan Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment